ASAP DISCOUNTS LTD trading as Discountvouchers.co.uk, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06945011 whose registered address is at First Floor of Dorna House Two, Guildford Road, West End, Surrey, GU24 9PW, hereinafter referred to as 'Discountvouchers' or 'We' have created this privacy statement ('Statement') in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of the details that You provide to us when using the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services.
- 1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE STATEMENT
- This Statement governs Your use of the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services, including any dispute concerning privacy.
By using the Discountvouchers Services, You accept this Statement in full. You should read the Statement carefully and ensure that
You understand its effect before proceeding to use the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services.
We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time without notice. Any changes We may make to this Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to You by e-mail or when You next use the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services, the new terms may be displayed on-screen and You may be required to read and accept them to continue. You agree that Discountvouchers will treat Your use of the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services as acceptance of this Statement including Your continued use subsequent to any changes.
- 2. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & HOW?
- A. PERSONAL DATA
The Site asks You to provide Personal Data to enhance the quality of the Discountvouchers Services We can provide to You and the more accurate the information You provide, the better We are able to respond to Your requirements! As part of the process of using the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services, We may collect the following types of Personal Data about You (as applicable):
- Your email address upon Sign-Up as a Discountvouchers Member on the Site to enable us to send our Discountvouchers Newsletters to You;
- Your postcode should You wish to compare certain products in Your local area e.g. broadband offers;
- Your browsing data if You choose to download and install (or uninstall) our Discountvouchers Extension;
- Your visits to the Site and the Discountvouchers Content that You download;
- information about Your computer (including Your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Site navigation);
- any other information that You choose to send to us, including any request for further Discountvouchers Services, general correspondence, reports of a problem with the Site or the Discountvouchers Services.
- 3. HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
- 3.1 Discountvouchers will use the information to contact You by email by way of sending You Discountvouchers Newsletters, product and service promotions, requests for feedback and related information. You can opt out of receiving these marketing communications as described below.
- 3.2 You acknowledge that Your Personal Data may be used by Discountvouchers to contact a Discountvouchers Member by email when necessary in connection with Your use of the Site.
- 3.3 Your Personal Data is used by Discountvouchers (and Discountvouchers Service Providers to the extent necessary to fulfil the Discountvouchers obligations to You) for the sole purpose of enabling Discountvouchers to act as a service provider to You and is not shared with any person or company without Your express consent.
- 3.4 Any Personal Data that is held with Discountvouchers shall be retained in accordance with the GDPR 2018 and related Data Protection Legislation and/ or our retention and destruction policy culminating in its permanent deletion.
- OPTING OUT:
- If You do not wish to be contacted by Discountvouchers in respect of future marketing communications, We will give You
the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receipt of such communications in every electronic mail communication that We send to You.
The Contact email address to opt out is: .
- 4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- 4.1 We may use the services of Discountvouchers Service Providers to provide some of our business and operational functions so We may need to disclose Your information to them to provide You with the Discountvouchers Services.
- 4.2 Disclosure of Your Personal Data in Compliance with Laws
You should be aware that We may release Your Personal Data when We believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which You transact or communicate with or via Discountvouchers, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Discountvouchers, Discountvouchers Members or third parties.
- 4.3 Transfer of Your Personal Data outside of the EEA
From time to time, We may transfer Your Personal Data to a related company, agent or contractor in order to improve our Discountvouchers Services or to assist our security, credit risk or fraud protection activities. Such companies may be located outside of the EEA and You consent to the transfer of Your Personal Data to such companies for the purposes set out here in accordance with this Statement and as permitted by the Data Protection Legislation from time to time.
- 4.4 Transfer of Personal Data in the Event of the Sale of Discountvouchers.co.uk or its Assets
In the event that Discountvouchers is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Personal Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Personal Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement.
- 4.5 Other Sites and their Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies
The Site may contain links to other websites. Discountvouchers is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies, cookie policies and practices of other third parties, so You should be careful to read and understand those website policies independently.
- 5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA & FOR HOW LONG?
- 5.1 The privacy and protection of Your Personal Data is important to us. In addition, any Discountvouchers Member statistics that We may provide to prospective Discountvouchers Service Providers regarding Your usage of the Discountvouchers Services are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable data.
- 5.2 You acknowledge that email messages sent over the internet are not encrypted and are not secure. Despite efforts to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data You transmit to us, via, to, or from our Site. You accept that Discountvouchers cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential Personal Data which You do not wish to communicate by email, please contact Discountvouchers by telephone or post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all such Personal Data at Your own risk.
- 5.3 How long We keep Your Personal Data collected through our Site depends on the context in which You provide it and the purpose for which We use it. We will only retain it for as long as is necessary for such purposes. We may send You direct marketing communications for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from Discountvouchers. In the event that You choose to close Your Discountvouchers Member Account, all Your Personal Data will be deleted from the Site.
- 5.4 We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- 6. COOKIES
- 7. COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
- Discountvouchers tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using Personal Data. For this reason, We take any complaints We receive about this very seriously. We encourage You to bring it to our attention if You think that our collection or use of Personal Data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. This Statement does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Discountvouchers's collection and use of Personal Data. However, We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below. If You are not happy with the way in which Your Personal Data is being handled by Discountvouchers, You can complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at: http://www.ico.org.uk/
- 8. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Discountvouchers tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their Personal Data. Individuals can find out if We hold any Personal Data by making a 'subject access request' under the GDPR 2018. If We do hold Personal Data about You, We will let You have a copy of that Personal Data. To make a request to Discountvouchers for any Personal Data that We may hold, You need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below.
- 9. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Requests for information about our Statement or a 'subject access request' can be emailed to or by writing to:
ASAP DISCOUNTS LTD trading as Discountvouchers.co.uk
(Internal Compliance Department)
First Floor of Dorna House Two
- 10. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
- We keep our Statement under regular review. This Statement was last updated on 23rd May 2018.